Pages

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Commonwealth Knowledge

Commonwealth Games

My Prior Knowledge of the Commonwealth Games

I know that there are certain countries that compete in the Commonwealth Games. It is a sporting event that is international. Athletes in some countries come together to compete with each other. These athletes represent their country, competing in different athletic sport. The games are held every four years.

My New Knowledge of the Commonwealth Games

The Commonwealth Games were first held in 1930 in Hamilton, Canada. At the first Games 11 nations, 400 athletes and 59 game events had been held. In 1942 to 1946 the Commonwealth Games had been abandoned because of the Second World War, making the 1946 games cancelled. Then by 1978 the name of the event, had been changed, from British Empire Games to Commonwealth Games.

This year the game will be held in Scotland on the 24th July 2014. Around 4,560 athletes will be participating in 17 different sports. 71 nations will come together. From 1930 to 2014, the Commonwealth Games have changed massively.

Self - view

I have built up my prior knowledge because of my research, reading and watching the events. I have gained more because my facts are  based on history and my present research

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Kia orana Jasmine, this is very interesting about the Commonwealth Games.
    Now, I've learnt more things about the Commonwealth Games.
    Thank you! vous ĂȘtes belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Jasmine your Maori words are amazing. I think that you listened and pay attention. Ka pai.
    Your writing also helped me a lot with my Maori.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.